jueves, 21 de febrero de 2013

Why I Think That Alejandro Colucci Should Win the Hugo Award for Best Professional Artist

(Disclaimer: English is my second language, so I want to apologize in advance for there may be mistakes in the text below. If you find any, please let me know so that I can correct it. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.)
 
Although in the Professional Artist category of my Hugo Ballot I'll be including some well-known names (Daniel Dos Santos, John Picacio, Michael Komarck and Jim Burns, all of them previous nominees), my favorite artist in 2012 was, hands down, Alejandro Colucci. He has produced some of the most wonderful covers I've seen, especially for Literatura Fantástica, RBA's SF&F imprint. 

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and in this case it cannot be more true. So, instead of singing the praises of Colucci's work I'll let you admire it by yourselves. Below these lines you'll find some of my favorite illustrations by Alejandro Colucci (click each image to zoom in), all of them published in 2012. You can find out more about his work on his website and I highly recommend seeing the astonishing covers he has already been working on in 2013

If you are a Hugo voter take a look at these pictures and then tell me: don't you think that Alejandro Colucci deserves a place on your ballot?

2 comentarios:

  1. And what about Ángel Benito Gastañaga. His cover of Terra Nova #1 is a masterpiece
    http://www.angelbenito.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You are right :) Let's have Alejandro winning this year and then Ángel can win in London :)

    ResponderEliminar