jueves, 12 de abril de 2012

Last Minute Locus Recommendations

(Disclaimer: English is my second language, so I want to apologize in advance for there may be mistakes in the text below. If you find any, please let me know so that I can correct it. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Locus Awards voting is closing this Sunday. In case you haven't voted yet, I'd like to recommend some works in addition to those that I included on my Hugo Recommendations list.

In the Best Anthology category I strongly recommend Alien Contact edited by Marty Halpern and Engineering Infinity edited by Jonathan Strahan. This year, I haven't been able to read as many anthologies as I would have liked, but these two are excellent. 

In the Best First Novel, in addition to Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (which I nominated for the Hugo Awards) I recommend the wonderful God's War by Kameron Hurley. I finished this novel only two or three weeks ago, but had I read it earlier it would have made my Hugo nominations. It's an amazing mix of science fiction and fantasy, with solid characters and one the best worldbuildings I've seen in a long while.


If you haven't voted yet, consider these recommendations. They truly deserve the recognition.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario