lunes, 12 de marzo de 2012

12 books I'm looking forward to in 2012 (Part 1)

(Disclaimer: English is my second language, so I want to apologize in advance for there may be mistakes in the text below. If you find any, please let me know so that I can correct it. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

After sending in my Hugo Nomination ballot my attention turns now (at least for a little while) to works from 2012. These are a few of the books that will be released in the next months and that I'm really looking forward to reading.

Title: Armored
Editor: John Joseph Adams
Publisher: Baen
Date: March 27, 2012

An anthology about combat armors and mechs with stories by Alastair Reynolds, Brandon Sanderson and Carrie Vaughan, among many others. I really need to read this one!
 
 
Title: The Black Opera 
Author: Mary Gentle 
Publisher: Night Shade Books 
Date: May 1, 2012

I love original and unique systems of magic and one that is based on holy music sure qualifies in the category. Plus any book published by Night Shade is always especially interesting to me.  


Title: 2312
Author: Kim Stanley Robinson 
Publisher: Orbit
Date: May 22, 2012

A story set 300 years in the future in a Solar System that has been fully colonized. The blurb reads "a sequence of events will force humanity to confront its past, its present, and its future." Nothing especially original there, but any new novel by Robinson is something to look forward to.

Title: Railsea
Author: China Miéville
Publisher: Del Rey
Date: May 27, 2012 

Embassytown was one of my favorite books in 2011 and I'm really excited about this new book by Miéville. A YA novel about trains, monsters, pirates and hidden treasures that sure looks intriguing and has a wonderful cover.

Title: Weird Space: The Devil's Nebula 
Author: Eric Brown 
Publisher: Tor 
Date: May 29, 2012  

First book in a new trilogy. I read The Kings of Eternity last year and liked Brown's prose quite a lot. Thus, I'm really interested in reading this Space Opera novel.

Title: Existence
Author: David Brin
Publisher: Tor 
Date: June 19, 2012

First novel by Brin in what, 10 years? And is about an alien artifact, one of my favorite topics in science fiction. A must read for me.

Next week I'll post 6 other books that are going to be published from July on and that I'm interested in reading. Update: The second part of the list has already been published.


(You can also read this post in Spanish/También puedes leer esta entrada en español)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario